Finding an affordable and cost effective drug rehab can seem impossible if you don’t know where to look for different types of treatment. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse in their Drug Facts: Treatment Statistics Publication only 11.2% of the 23.5 million people who are addicted seek treatment every year. You have to wonder if there are not effective solutions available or if many people just can’t find the right treatment and give up in the attempt?
Or a large percentage of those who do get help may not have found the right help. The outcome can be hopeless with many left ‘stuck’ in the system; some going in and out of rehab for many years with a faint hope of getting and staying sober. On the other hand, a person can also pay upwards of $80,000 a month and end up needing additional treatment and feeling frustrated and disappointed with their overall outcome.
The solution is cost effective drug rehab that is also successful at permanently handling addiction and/or substance abuse.
The Problem With Paying for Drug Treatment
Imagine this scenario:
You’re on the phone with an addiction counselor after a traumatic experience dealing with a substance abuse problem for yourself or a loved one. You need to find help fast. Then you hear the price of addiction treatment. You gasp. Although no one can put a price on a life, you wonder how you can afford to get the help you need. It may seem or even be completely unreachable to now afford to pay for treatment.
But, what do you do? Allow the problem to go on? Fear an arrest, or even worse death because of substance abuse?
The only solution for this is being able to find an affordable and cost effective drug rehab that works.
What Makes a Drug Treatment Program Affordable
Every day men and women looking for drug treatment find themselves in the dilemma of how they can financially afford to get addiction help. They scour the Internet and make call after call in search of something that works and is also affordable. They may as a friend or family member to pay for the cost of treatment, or even try to use their insurance to help pay for rehab.
The good news is that there are many different cost effective rehab options available to those that need them. What make a drug rehab affordable can be things like:
- Insurance coverage and specific benefits for addiction treatment
- Low interest health “loans” to help with some of the costs associated with treatment
- Special programs that allow payment plans to cover the cost over an additional period of time
- Programs that are set up to be affordable, but that are also high in quality and get results
- The ability and willingness of loves ones to help with lower cost treatment.
Finding a program like this is not difficult. There are many different options, which can include long-term residential treatment, outpatient care, short-term residential rehab, detox, and holistic or behavioral health programs.
Hidden Costs of Addiction Treatment
With any substance abuse treatment program it is also important to ask about hidden costs. These are the cost associated with treatment that may or may not fall into the actual cost of the program. Some hidden costs can include:
- Cost of individual psychiatric counseling or sessions
- The cost of medical care if the client falls ill or has to treat a physical condition while in the facility
- Costs associated with berthing, private rooms, Internet or any special berthing requirements
- Food costs, what meals or snacks are included and what are not
- The costs of personal care, toiletry items used while in treatment
- Activity costs including special problems like exercise, art or other extracurricular activities.
When looking into any program check into these costs and make sure that when them included, the treatment is still cost effective.
Finding a Cost Effective Drug Treatment
To find a cost effective rehab or treatment program simply pick up the phone and call us. We can locate listings for affordable drug and alcohol treatment that get positive results for long-term recovery. Be sure to ask about hidden costs, outcomes of specific programs, and modality of treatment. When you find the program you’re looking for do additional research on reviews as well as certifications, credentials and general environmental safety to ensure you have made the right choice for recovery.